Thursday 23 October 2008

I Am An Old Internet Meme

Or this is. It's one or the other. Or possibly both. So Inchy tagged me, and I posted because I'm obedient like that. Also nosy. And the type to overshare. It's win-win!

The rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write six random things about yourself
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them
5. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

I don't know how this is any different than my random information dumps but ok.

1. This isn't my only blog. I have another blog that I started around three years ago which I still post on, on and off. A few people that I know on that blog know my real life info, and while I trust them with a lot of stuff, I'm not out to them. Hence this all new 50% gayer blog. So if my writing style seems oddly familiar to couple of people who've come across this blog, that's the reason.

2. I wear a veil/headscarf/hijab/whatever you call it. Not the face covering part, just the thing muslim girls wrap around their heads. I'm not really for or against it, nobody made me wear it. It's a decision I made when I was 14, one I probably wouldn't make it the same way if I knew then what I know now. I don't particularly regret it. My only concern is that it makes me a bit of a hypocrite, hiding who I am behind religious symbolism.

3. My eyeteeth are slightly elongated. My fang like teeth do not make me a vampire. Don't be fooled by the bloodlust.

4. My parents are related. My mother is my paternal grandmother's cousin. So that means that my dad is also my second cousin. Unusual? Not so much in this part of the world where cousins marrying is the case more often than not. Gross? You betcha. I'm inbred!

5. Despite my extreme clumsiness and my being in a spectacular car wreck that involved my car flipping over and over down the highway and me crawling out of the smoking debris (good times), my most serious injury was a cut on my palm that needed a couple of stitches that I got when I fell through a glass door.

6. Sometimes I think I have olfactory hallucinations.

And I just realized that I lead the most boring sheltered life ever.

I tag: Boojam, De Campo BC, Delicately Realistic, Unique Stephen, Kwtia, and F.

Whaddya know. I actually know enough people to do this properly. Sort of. I knew my antisocial tendencies would come back to bite me in the ass one day.

What I'm Listening to Right Now: Valerie - Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse

9 comments:

Inchy said...

I too have had the car flipping experience. When I look back it seemed to take forever although the whole sorry episode probably only took around ten seconds from start to rather messy finish.

Inchy said...

PS - You're gonna have to explain the smelly visions (6) a bit more.

slartybartfarst said...

Er look I don't quite get this tagging thing.. so I might just skip it...It's a bit too akin to chain letters ad line dancing for my liking..

De Campo said...

Is being in a fiery car wreck that involves a rollover a rite of passage in Kuwait? I respect that, really.

So let me get this straight; you’re an inbred hypocritical immortal with a penchant for hallucinations and women. NOW that I can respect!

I may or may not do this myself. I don’t want my enemies gaining valuable intelligence that could be used against me. Yes, more so then fingers up my ass.

kwtia said...

:) always a good read..
And you have introduced me to a new word: eyeteeth. Why has that not been used more often in my life?

I smell things that aren't there too... and not very nice things either.

DeeDee said...

inchy Hmmm I know what you mean, it was almost... boring. I remember thinking: Dammit, I'm definitely not going to make curfew now.

Imaginary smells, sometimes manure sometimes my mother (still living but sometimes has prophetic dreams about me). Make of that what you will.

slartyboojam It's just a vague suggestion. Not the biggest fan of internet memes myself, but this pandered to my need to share excessively. Feel free to ignore.

de campo Hah, yes, according to my tribe now I am a man.

Don't forget the smoking. And the username of a minor deity. It's not arrogance, it's honesty. You think Bacchus would have been a better choice?

I still think your doc has watched to many prison 'movies'.

kwtia I am always glad to be of service. Now that I come to think of it, that word is indeed underutilized. Why is that? And how have I come across it then?

unique_stephen said...

laughing @ De Campo.

I've been umming and arehing about this.. I don't normally do memes but for you'll I make a half arsed exception.

F. said...

I came acrossthis by accident and so I only just found out that I'm tagged...

I think I've already done this one though...

I gotta check.

F. said...

Yup...already done it :)

http://f-says.blogspot.com/2008/06/tagged-quirks.html