Thursday 4 September 2008

Inauspicious

Starting this blog during Ramadan might not have been my best idea. When you start a blog about being a nonpracticing closeted Kuwaiti lesbian there are probably better months to start it that the holiest month on the Islamic calender, but needs must. There's some stuff I just had to get out, and it felt like a speak now or forever hold your silence sort of situation. So I am. Speaking. Now.

So here are the basics. I'm Kuwaiti. Female. Muslim. Ish. Gay. Ish. Mid-twenties. Unsuccessful writer of mediocre talent currently between situations, thinking of pursuing of activist work.

Think of my mind as a busy metropolis and of this blog as its main landfill. This means everything from bad poetry to worse erotica to treatises on my sexuality and what it means to me.

2 comments:

Buzfairy said...

lol

La walah?

I'm sorry, i shud explain some more

My comment is a few years too late, therefore excuse my presumed rudeness

But i just got ur twitter acct suggested to me, (like today) still don't now why though

anyways, back to ur question in ur post #1.... La wallah? u don't think ramadan is the best time?

getting my laugh out of the way, i promise not to laugh anymore over anything.....

Like i said, ur profile was one of the suggestions on my twitter, so apologies in advance if some mix up got in.. not that i'm complaining...

I've only read a couple of ur posts so far, but i do promise to read some more in the days and weeks to come inshalla :)

ArifaJS said...

Hello there!
i m gonna start reading this blog, like right now. Why? because you intrigue me. So yeah, I'll start reading it and I really hope there are some levels where I can relate to you as a lesbian (To be more precise a lesbian stuck in Kuwait). :)
Oh and I hope you don't mind if I comment where ever I can't resist commenting.

Cheers!