Saturday 15 November 2008

Flies in Your Eyes

I think I would work much better as a character in a satirical work of literature bordering on the ridiculous, someone thought up on the toilet to fill up the empty spaces between plot development.

I have so much love for Never Mind the Buzzcocks, even if it's not as funny this year. There's nothing quite like mean spirited humor to put a smile on my face.

James Lance played gay sexaholic recovering addict morally ambiguous Spaniard superhero Timebomb on the British comedy series No Heroics. What's not to like about that?

I don't think I'll ever stop loving The Daily Show even if it does get on my nerves sometimes. Mostly an episode can get at least one giggle out of me.

Also, I love Eddie Izzard's standup.

There's something very peaceful about reading mildly depressing gay erotic fiction while you're smoking in your underwear in an empty bathtub.

God, I have such a long week ahead of me. I'm going to have to wake up, get out of bed, show up and do things. This week I can't just faff around pretending to be functional. I find this worrying and somewhat overwhelming.

For the first time since the weather turned, I haven't gone to my grandad's beach house for the weekend, which is a pity since it was a a full moon. Last time my astronomy hobbyist uncle brought out his telescope and we saw Jupiter and the Galilean moons which was pretty cool (and how come there's not a band called that?).

What I'm Listening to Right Now: You Were The Last High - The Dandy Warhols

5 comments:

Inchy said...

I must admit, that does sound like a pretty cool way to spend an evening, but I can just imagine having difficulty saying 'Galilean Moons' at any point, let alone in a store asking for a CD.

kwtia said...

Your first paragraph made me think of this:

"Am an attendant lord, one that will do
To swell a progress, start a scene or two
Advise the prince; no doubt, an easy tool,
...At times, indeed, almost ridiculous —
Almost, at times, the Fool."
The Love Song of J Alfred Prufrock

Whats up?
OK I looove NMt Buzzcocks, I do obsessive hopeful channel searches for it when i'm in London hotels hoping it will be on to make me laugh to sleep.
Izzard scares the bejeezuz out of me for some reason.
Late nights alone in an empty bathtub... know them well...the image you describe makes me think that Aya Takano's drawings and Gaiman's Sandman had a baby. Hello strange baby.
I have a crush on Jupiter...Where did your uncle get his telescope? I have been telescope hunting for quite some time... Unable to commit.
And that's all I have to say for tonight.

unique_stephen said...

this is my fave: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIeZWbQGrqY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1OTszWhxN8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFojd_8rIJY

DeeDee said...

Inchy: You must admit though, G-Moons doesn't quite convey the right idea. We make our own fun here.

kwtia: Careful lest you be my online Potter Stewart.

I have to admit, what I had in mind when I wrote that was more Joseph Heller than TS Eliot, but I prefer your choice.

NMtB is my guilty pleasure. I don't even remember what odd search led me to that gem, it may have been my obsession with Captain Jack Barrowman. Thank god for youtube.

You had me at strange baby.

Sorry no idea about the scope.

stephen: Wino is such an entertaining car wrech, isn't she?

kwtia said...

:) I would never dream of matching the dizzying effects that Justice Potter Stewart can have on people. And by people I mean me. But thank you for the flattery, I will enjoy it while it lasts.

Bless the Captain for leading you to that hilarious show..And why am I not surprised that you are obsessed with him..

My own obsession with NMtB has a lot to do with my being mesmerized by Simon Amstell's face. They cannot stay on it long enough to satisfy me. What is it about that face?

Erm, you know how I asked where your uncle got the scope? yeah, when you see him you use those same words to form a question that will actually get me an answer..Because saying no idea does not help me see the stars and that big gorgeous planet.

Now strange baby, have a good night and get enough rest so you can write more often.